Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 1

Although I have not formally registered for the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk I have already committed myself to it. I will walk in Washington DC in October. I will also register soon. :o)
In deciding that I'd walk this year I found out that not only did my grandma have breast cancer so did most of the woman in her family. My great grandmother, great aunts and cousins. I didn't know any of these woman except my grandma. However they were still my family and they all had breast cancer.
Over the next 8 months I will train for the walk. I'm very scared and excited. I'm scared because one, I have to raise $2300 to participate. This in itself stopped me from walking last year. This year I know I can raise the money! And two, I'll walk 60 miles in 3 days.
I'm excited because I'm walking for my moms, my sisters, my daughter and and all of my friends who have had cancer touch their lives. I hope that someday there will be a cure and I'm excited to be a small part in helping that happen.
This year when I received info in the mail about the walk I knew I had to do it. And so the 60 mile journey begins today.

No comments:

Post a Comment